Current Opening: Project Manager
Liz Caan & Co. is a team focused, boutique interior design firm that is collaborative, creative, business minded and service focused. We are located in Newton, just 8 miles west of Boston. At Liz Caan & Co. we work as a group and double as project leaders. We help curate the lives of our clients. We know how to create exceptional homes that reflect the personalities of the people who live there. Our business has grown in both scale and complexity and we are now seeking a seasoned Project Manager for our design studio. This is a great opportunity to shine in a small, open-concept office that services demanding clients.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Develop interior design concept documents with Principal and Sr. Designer based on the Client’s design brief.
- Prepare presentation drawings and material/sample presentations with a dedicated Design Assistant.
- Assist with the preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Present and communicate design concepts to Client
- Assist with the development of interior construction details as required to communicate design intent to the GC and related subs.
- Coordinate design efforts with sub-consultants to ensure coordinated design documents.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with the Project Architect and Contractor to ensure coordinated design documents.
- Communicate methods to improve the “project process” to the team leadership.
- Immediately identify to team leadership potential design problems impacting project profitability.
- Answer vendor/contractor’s questions as needed
- Review Shop Drawings and Submittals as needed
- Provide site clarifications when necessary
- Review with Design Team as needed
- Should procurement services be required for a project, the Project Manager will prepare a proposal for the work and provide the Project Coordinator with all relevant information
- At minimum, a Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or related field of Design
- 7 plus years of practical work experience required (design firm or related field)
- 4 plus years experience in high end/bespoke residential environments
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction and building structures
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp , Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Studio Webware are an asset
Excellent pay and benefits, depending on background and skills. Please send your resume and portfolio for consideration to: email@example.com. Resumes not accompanied by portfolios will not be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Design Procurement Manager/Admin Assistant
Liz Caan & Co. is seeking a Procurement Manager & Admin Assistant to join our residential Interior Design firm in Newton, Massachusetts. Our ideal candidate for this position has an outgoing can-do attitude and is eager to jump in and support the design team and studio in a variety of procurement and administrative functions. A perfect opportunity for a detailed, meticulously organized, analytical numbers person, passionate about growing with a rapidly expanding design studio. Working knowledge of techniques, products, and materials used in high-end residential environments a plus. Professional appearance and phone manner, a positive attitude and incredible attention to detail required.
- Maintain a highly organized and efficient procurement system: assist with
generating and processing purchase orders and vendor payments, verify order confirmations / sales orders, track orders and maintain budget, delivery / installation coordination, project reconciliations with Project Managers, Design Assistants and our Studio Manager/Bookkeeper.
- Assist Studio Manager and Design Team on a variety of tasks.
- Maintain a tidy, well – organized office.
- General organizational, administrative, and office upkeep.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree or higher, or a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Procurement and basic bookkeeping/accounting background preferred.
- Studio Designer/Webware knowledge a huge plus.
- Experienced with basic office technology and equipment, including MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to meet every deadline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, highly competent in a variety of areas, and self-sufficient, with minimal need for supervision.
- Energetic and passionate about helping our studio grow.
- Highly organized with strong multitasking abilities and confidence in managing tasks in a quickly evolving environment.
- Ability to learn and grow in high pressure situations. It’s a fun, casual environment but we all work very hard.
- Loyal, mindful of others, respectful, great communicator, outgoing personality.
- Willingness to take initiative, and ability to learn new programs and routines quickly.
INQUIRIES & COMPENSATION:
- This is a full-time position, Flexible PTO, Health insurance and paid holidays.
- If you are excited about the prospect of joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team, please reply with a PDF of your cover letter and resume.