Current Opening: Project Manager
Liz Caan & Co. is a team focused, boutique interior design firm that is collaborative, creative, business minded and service focused. We are located in Newton, just 8 miles west of Boston. At Liz Caan & Co we work as a group and double as project leaders. We help curate the lives of our clients. We know how to create exceptional homes that reflect the personalities of the people who live there.
Our business has grown in both scale and complexity and we are now seeking a seasoned Project Manager for our design studio. This is a great opportunity to shine in a small, open-concept office that services demanding clients.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Develop interior design concept documents with Principal and Sr. Designer based on the Client’s design brief.
- Prepare presentation drawings and material/sample presentations with a dedicated Design Assistant.
- Assist with the preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Present and communicate design concepts to Client
- Assist with the development of interior construction details as required to communicate design intent to the GC and related subs.
- Coordinate design efforts with sub-consultants to ensure coordinated design documents.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with the Project Architect and Contractor to ensure coordinated design documents.
- Communicate methods to improve the “project process” to the team leadership.
- Immediately identify to team leadership potential design problems impacting project profitability.
- Answer vendor/contractor’s questions as needed
- Review Shop Drawings and Submittals as needed
- Provide site clarifications when necessary
- Review with Design Team as needed
- Should procurement services be required for a project, the Project Manager will prepare a proposal for the work and provide the Project Coordinator with all relevant information
- At minimum, a Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or related field of Design
- 7 plus years of practical work experience required (design firm or related field)
- 4 plus years experience in high end/bespoke residential environments
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction and building structures
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp , Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Studio Webware are an asset
Excellent pay and benefits, depending on background and skills. Please send your resume and portfolio for consideration to: email@example.com. Resumes not accompanied by portfolios will not be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.